Crane is a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency and specialty composites. The Crane brand is one of the most recognizable names in stationery and has been providing the highest quality of craftsmanship in stationery since 1801. The simple elegance of cotton papers have long made Crane the paper of choice for fine stationery and invitations. Crane is also one of the longest-standing companies within the banknote industry. US currency paper has been produced by Crane since 1879. Crane recently acquired William Arthur, one of the leading brands of fine stationery in the US.
The Stationery division is based in New York City with manufacturing operations located in North Adams, MA.
The primary job function of this position is to develop, deliver, and manage training for the Customer Service Representatives, helping them to acquire the skills and performance required to meet and exceed their objectives. The manager's objective is to create a positive work environment that contributes to the center's ability to deliver superior service to customers, and works to achieve this by training Customer Service Representatives and Supervisors to develop performance skills in customer service and sales referrals, product knowledge, systems navigation and efficiency, listening effectiveness; friendly and knowledgeable delivery of accurate and complete information; and professional communication skills; and by observing agent skills development through monitoring and reporting. The Training and QA Manager develops and continually improves the quality of training materials and instruction and is an expert in best practices for training, adult learning, and quality assurance. The Training and QA Manager supports Crane's goals by communicating objectives and results through training and quality assurance monitoring to encourage and develop Customer Service Representatives' abilities to meet and exceed objectives.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in statistics, business or related field desired, High School degree (or equivalent) required
- Prior management experience with proven supervisory skills
- 1-2 years of customer service experience with strong operations knowledge
- Minimum 1 year experience in classroom training delivery preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in instructional design and development preferred
- Teaching and/or educational background is highly desirable
- Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment
- Proven facilitation skills in a classroom setting and an understanding of adult learning principles
- Computer literacy, with strong expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Working knowledge of Access, SQL and Business Objects desired
- Experience with commercially available quality monitoring, recording, scoring and reporting software (e.g. Nice, Verint/Witness, Calabrio) desired
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance management best practices required
- Strong organizational skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to think strategically and understand the fit of strategy within operational plans
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritize and organize effectively
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Able to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Able to work with people positively in a high paced, high expectation environment
- Able to analyze and interpret data, and advise others that have less experience with analytics
- Able to show judgment and initiative in order to accomplish job duties
- Able to work independently
- Able to handle personal and confidential information
- Able to deal with personnel under circumstances requiring tact and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Concentration in statistics, business or related field desired
- Enjoys working with people including problem solving and follow-through
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Crane & Co.