Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency and nonwoven papers, currently has an opening for a Supply Chain Manager in the Global Sourcing Department, located in Dalton, MA.
The Supply Chain Manager – U.S. Currency will be a motivated individual experienced in strategic sourcing for one of our most strategic spend categories (Cotton & Flax), as well as pulp and paper chemicals. Experience in negotiating, managing supplier relationships, building strategic partnerships, and teaming within the organization are key assets.
- Reviews the market trends for cotton, flax, and associated by-products, keeping abreast of changes in the markets for raw materials to identify opportunities arising from commodity trends, emerging technologies and market conditions.
- Assesses current supply base and evaluates where changes and developments are needed, keeping track of international currency moves, export/import requirements, and other trade issues that impact the sourcing of materials.
- Coordinates and develops synergies with Corporate, Business Unit Stakeholders and Global Sourcing counterparts to prioritize an evolving portfolio of high-value process improvements and sourcing initiatives. Serves as a full partner to the business in evaluating and challenging the status quo to surface value opportunities. Leads the aggregation, normalization, and analysis of spend data to identify potential value opportunities.
- Manages and develops strategic plan for all major raw materials associated with U.S. Currency in alignment with Customer fulfillment goals. Ensures there is appropriate supply of materials at the most cost effective prices and schedules in order to meet production requirements and quality standards.
- Fosters relationships with suppliers to create short-term and long-term value to the company. Negotiates procurement contracts to ensure stable, reliable sources of necessary raw materials and supplies protecting the company from risks.
- Continually seeks out new sources and establishes new relationships to find superior quality materials and to replace other sources as they lapse.
- Actively participates with corporate counterparts and leads the implementation effort of major initiatives at the U.S. Currency level, looking for process improvements, best practices sharing, and standardization across the enterprise.
- Abides by, is an advocate for and provides input to Corporate Governance Policies and Procedures to help guide U.S. Currency stakeholders.
- Partners with operational team members in planning and logistics to optimize our processes, material flow and keep cost effective inventories levels.
- Develops meaningful Key Performance Indicators and measures performance via such data information.
- Evaluates value engineering opportunities and partners with planning and logistics team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- MBA or Lean Six Sigma Certification desirable
- Minimum of 5+ years of strategic sourcing experience
- Experience with global suppliers and negotiations
- Business law acumen
- High degree of financial, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Experience with value engineering
- Demonstrated advanced presence and communication skills
- Process improvement experience or training preferred
- Willing to travel from 10% to 35% of the time with some international travel
- Comfortable with global projects; able to facilitate stakeholder and supplier collaboration internationally and across cultures
- Manages change through influence
- Demonstrates excellence in managing internal customers
- Able to work up, down and across the organization; connects at all levels
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others
- Pulp and Paper industry experience a plus
- Ability to pass and maintain security clearance through the Bureau of Engraving & Printing
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Crane & Co., Inc.
30 South Street
Dalton, MA 01226