Software and Design Engineer - Alpharetta, GA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Crane Micro-Optics ise seeking a Software and Design Engineer who will be responsible for providing the following services: computer programming, mathematical analysis and calculation, graphic design, and software engineering.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Design visually engaging state-of-the-art micro-optics products.
- Develop new and modified software applications.
- Develop internal simulation software that is used to analyze and visualize micro-optic systems.
- Prepare CAD layouts and designs for production.
- Develop new techniques for creating customized configurations of micro-optic elements.
- Conduct mathematical and algorithmic analysis to support design process improvement.
- Mathematically analyze and characterize the functionality of the micro-optic systems.
- Document technical and procedural process improvements.
- Provide technical support of lab-based manufacturing process on an as-needed basis.
- Perform some quality control procedures.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or similar discipline required. Master’s degree in computer science, math, or similar discipline such as EE focused on image processing or CS focused on computer graphics preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with MATLAB required. Some experience with AutoCAD and Blender preferred.
- All applicants must be US Citizens and require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance through the US government.
- Able to perform all computer functions as they pertain to this job, including but not limited to experience using AutoCAD software, MATLAB, Blender, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and similar products.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming, GUI design, and code optimization.
- Interest in image processing or a related imaging field such as machine vision or digital photography.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Python, C, C++, and CUDA C highly preferred.
- Writes code that is clearly commented, diligently formatted, and thoughtfully abstracted towards reuse.
- Able to develop complicated algorithms to automate, simplify, and improve efficiency.
- Works with experienced engineers to learn a highly-technical process, and contributes to the advancement of the company’s capabilities in the field of micro-optics.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Dependable, consistently at work and on time, follows instructions closely, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Prepare thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients reflective of the company’s quality standards.
- Strong attention to detail. Organized and has the ability to multi-task.
- Strong sense of accountability for results.
- Understanding of project management principles.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Manager
1245 Old Alpharetta Road
Alpharetta, GA 30005