Crane, a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, nonwoven and currency papers, currently has an opening for a 2nd Shift Quality Technician within the Stationery Division, located in North Adams.
The stationery Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for administering the quality role during second shift and to support continuous improvement in the division. Duties will include process and product inspection, quality audits, liaison to customer service to validate external complaints and returns, and administering interplant, ERR and supplier complaint process.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions
- Must be able to read, write, and keep neat and accurate records
- Ability to understand and follow written procedures
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand the quality requirements of Crane & Co., Inc.’s products and his/her role in ensuring this quality.
- Must be willing and able to work at any Company location as needed
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
- Must have maintained a good safety and attendance record with proven work performance in the past
- Medical certification will be required to ensure the physical capabilities of job performance
- Administers internal/interplant and external (ERR) complaint process for personalized stationery in concert with division goals for cost of quality. Leads root cause analysis effort and documents improvements accordingly. Validates and performs necessary containment of substandard product.
- Administers external customer complaint process for boxed stationery and is liaison to customer service for resolution.
- Administers supplier complaints and maintains database for supplier performance history.
- Executes process and product audits in the manufacturing plant and distribution center.
- Executes raw material audits and controls incoming receipts through inspection and C of A’s.
- Provide and maintain a permanent, personal phone number in which you can be reached in the event of a business need.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to adhere to Company safety policies, ensuring that all safety equipment is used and that good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury.
- Follow the basic “Employee Responsibilities for Conduct” which apply to all employees of Crane & Co., Inc.
Please send resume, cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crane & Co., Inc.
30 South Street
Dalton, MA 01226