Crane Technologies, Nashua NH is in need of a Project Engineer whose primary responsibility is designing, planning, estimating, documenting, commissioning and maintaining new and existing process equipment. Major responsibilities will also include assisting Manufacturing and Maintenance Supervisors with manufacturing problems, system performance and equipment maintenance. The incumbent manages projects dealing with basic and complex systems for all process equipment.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Design and Project Management initiatives to include engineering projects targeted for improvements to the existing equipment and processes.
- Develops and plans projects and schedules; manages and performs equipment designs from inception to completion following established design guidelines.
- Provides support to the Process Control and Maintenance groups and contract labor.
- Coordinates the scheduling of installations and construction with manufacturing supervision, maintenance supervision, suppliers, contractors and other departments.
- Submits periodic project status reports as well as keeping accurate information on project budget.
- Technical Support initiatives to include troubleshooting process equipment and train/direct technicians in those efforts. Assist supervision in diagnosing and solving equipment problems. As well as supporting manufacturing to find the best solution for a particular circumstance in order to maintain manufacturing quality, production and safety
- Supports the Maintenance Supervisor in planning and presenting seminars and training programs as required for maintenance staff and other personnel
- Stays current with technologies and methods applicable to operations
- Perform responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Establish/follow procedures that insure personal, co-worker and environmental safety.
- Establish and maintain relationships of mutual respect.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or extensive equivalent experience
- Highly specialized knowledge and experience of CAD/CAM, power systems, including: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, air handling, PLCs and engineering processes.
- Knowledge of printing equipment and processes (flexo, gravure) preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience and proven ability in project management.
- 5+ years “hands-on” practical experience in bringing design concepts through the design cycle. This should include: generation of equipment specification, equipment design, prototyping, manufacture, debug, technical support and maintenance.
- Excellent ability to define, troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with personnel at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, tact and diplomacy at all levels for dealing with suppliers and building/leading teams.
External candidates may submit their resumes to TGIcareers@crane.com
We are an established world leader in technically advanced film development and specialty printing. We are a strong, stable, growing business with new technologies in a growing global market. We offer competitive wages and generous benefits: Medical/Dental, Life, STD/LTD, great paid time off, a 401k plan, and other retirement benefits.
Relocation assistance: No
All applicants must be US citizens and require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance through the US government.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: TGIcareers@crane.com
Please include job title in subject line
We are an Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to Equal Opportunities for all.