Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers, currently has openings for Entry-Level Platemakers at Crane's Personal Design Services, located in North Adams. These positions are on the 1st shift (7:00 am - 3:30 pm) and 2nd shift (3:30 pm to 12:00 am) and are being posted due to business needs.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience and background in operating, adjusting or manipulating mechanical machinery or other similar equipment
- Responsible for demonstrating a positive attitude and self- motivation, and developing and maintaining positive interaction and communication with customers, peer, subordinates and supervisors
- Must have good eyesight
- Must have maintained a good safety record with proven work performance
- Must be physically capable of manual labor requirements associated with job, including prolonged periods of standing, fingering/ handling job tickets
- Must have spent minimum time required in prior grades (per line of progression) to qualify for advancement to this grade
- Must have maintained a good safety and attendance record with proven work performance in the past
- Medical certification will be required to ensure the physical capabilities of job performance
- Staging, Grinding, Cutting of copper plates
- Matching all film and negative to appropriate tickets, Delivering all plates to proper department.
- Scanning orders out of department and delivering to respective areas.
- Making sure all commitments/babies/sympathies are processed immediately and delivered to proper department.
- Productivity must meet expectations of grade designation.
- Must be willing to move up through the lines of progression
- Must be willing to work in any Company area or location as needed
- Must be willing to work any shift and overtime as needed
- Must be willing to perform any task as required by supervision
- Must provide and maintain a permanent phone number where you can be reached in the event of a business need
- Adhere to Company safety policies and procedures, assuring good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury
- Follow the basic "Employee Responsibilities" for conduct that applies to all employees of Crane & Co., Inc.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Crane & Co.