Crane, a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, nonwoven and currency papers, currently has openings for Part-Time (25-28 hrs./week) Customer Service Representatives within the Stationery Division, located in North Adams.
The primary function of a Crane Customer Service Representative is to provide outstanding customer service over the telephone. Substantial knowledge of Crane’s products, services, shipping and billing practices is required to ensure that information communicated to the customer is accurate and complete. The CSR receives incoming telephone calls from customers needing assistance with their accounts, ordering products, checking on orders and resolving production and delivery issues and may also place outgoing telephone calls to customers in connection with specific service request and answer questions. The incumbent uses the telephone, the Internet, electronic mail and word processing tools to communicate with the customer verbally and in writing, both electronically and on paper. A significant component of the job may include back-office work, and following up on previous inquiries, written and verbal.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Able to use a personal computer, mouse and keyboard with proficiency
- Basic Web navigation skills and experience
- Professional and enthusiastic, with a pleasant telephone manner
- Effective active listening skills required
- Able to probe effectively to ensure appropriate resolution
- Knowledge of company products, services, marketing campaigns and save offers
- Basic customer service skills and abilities including empathy, willing and helpful demeanor, ability to resolve inquiries, understands service to sales
- Able to multi-task (data entry while handling calls)
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to maintain composure
- Able to deal with customers under circumstances requiring tact and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal communications skills including diction, grammar and tone
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to handle confidential information
- 1-2 years previous Customer [Sales and] Service, retail or customer-facing experience desired
- Interest in Customer [Sales and] Service education through computer based training or similar programs is highly desirable
- Must be willing and able to work at any Company location as needed
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
- Must have maintained a good safety and attendance record with proven work performance in the past
- Medical certification will be required to ensure the physical capabilities of job performance
- Greet and assist customers in a friendly, professional manner according to Crane quality standards
- Provide customers with assistance regarding customer inquiries and answer questions related to orders, payments, order status inquiries, pricing, products, and returns
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures for daily operations, security and compliance
- Participate in all required product, service and billing training and other internal training as provided
- Other duties related to the position
- Provide and maintain a permanent, personal phone number in which you can be reached in the event of a business need.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to adhere to Company safety policies, ensuring that all safety equipment is used and that good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury.
- Follow the basic “Employee Responsibilities for Conduct” which apply to all employees of Crane & Co., Inc.
Please send resume, cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crane & Co., Inc.
30 South Street
Dalton, MA 01226