Crane, with a history that dates back nearly 250 years, is now a fast moving international force in currency, technical materials and social stationery. We currently have openings for the position of Mill Labor Utility in the manufacturing line of progression in the Nonwovens Division.
The Mill Labor Utility person is responsible for performing all work as assigned by management and/or supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Competent in basic mathematics
- Proficient in reading comprehension
- Ability to read a ruler to a 1/8"
- Ability to read all types of weight scales
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform basic computer skills
- Skilled hand/eye coordination
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Willing and able to pass the Industrial Power Truck licensing requirements
- Willing and able to work as part of a team
- Proven decision making skills
- Ability to understand and follow, operating and safe job procedures
- Willing and able to perform all of the physical requirements of the job
- Proven excellent attendance, safety, and work performance record in the past
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to fully understand the quality requirements of Crane & Co., Inc.'s products, and his/her role in ensuring this quality
- No known allergies to fiberglass
- Must be willing and able to work at any Company location as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed.
- Must have maintained a good safety and attendance record with proven work performance in the past.
- Medical certification will be required to ensure the physical capabilities of job performance.
- Fill in as needed in the Beater Room, Calender Room, and Machine Room
- Assist the Inventory Control Specialist in loading and unloading trucks
- Remove the rolls from the Machine Room, that were produced during the night shift
- Assist in taking and testing samples
- Remove and process broke
- Perform binder preparation
- Assist the Rewinder crew in preparing production materials
- Maintain housekeeping, and substitute for the Janitor if needed
- Provide and maintain a permanent, personal phone number in which you can be reached in the event of an emergency.
- It is the employee's responsibility to adhere to Company safety policies, ensuring that all safety equipment is used and that good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury.
- Follow the basic "Employee Responsibilities for Conduct" which apply to all employees of Crane & Co., Inc.
- Employees must pass a criminal background check.
The starting rate for this position is $15.14 per hour, plus shift differential.p>
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crane & Co.