Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers, currently has an opening for a Janitor, Entry-Level at Crane’s
Personal Design Services, located in North Adams. This position is on the 2nd shift (3:30 pm to 12:00 am).
The Janitor is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the facility and materials that have been defined for recycling at the facility. This includes
emptying trash, sweeping/ mopping floors, vacuuming, cleaning and disinfecting all the bathrooms, washing windows, and keeping an inventory of and
replenishing all supplies used in this position, as needed. Additional responsibilities include scheduling/removal of trash, recyclable materials pick-up,
and spring water distribution. Snow blowing and sanding duties of the main walk areas are shared with other personnel. The Janitor also maintains upkeep of
department offices, restrooms, and general facility areas as well as other miscellaneous duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand and follow job procedures
- Must have good communication skills
- Be able to perform all physical requirements of the job and work in a safe manner
- Must be willing and able to work at any Company location as needed
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
- Must have maintained a good safety and attendance record with proven work performance in the past
- Medical certification will be required to ensure the physical capabilities of job performance
- Clean/disinfect and restock all restrooms on a daily basis
- Clean general areas including entrance corridors, stairwells and storage closets
- Clean (disinfect & dust) all offices, cafeteria area, conference room, manufacturing and other production areas on a daily basis
- Keep records of inventory and reorder supplies when necessary
- Shovel, sand and maintain steps and walkways in the winter
- Manage recyclable materials for recycling waste including universal waste
- Maintain and keep all equipment used on the job in good working order
- Order special supplies for different departments as needed
- Refill and re-supply water coolers
- Check and maintain all eyewash and shower stations
- Assist as needed during annual shut-down activities
- Vacuum and periodically power-clean carpets in offices and conference room
- Periodically wax and buff general production and office floors
- Responsible for the upkeep of the flag
- Clean all windows as requested
- Clean all microwaves, refrigerators and counters
- Dust all pictures and display cases
- Clean up after employee injuries or sickness using proper PPE and training provided
- Shovel, sand, maintain steps and walkways in the winter
- Pick up loose paper or debris outside of the facility
- Provide a permanent personal phone number that can be used in the event of a business need
- It is the employee’s responsibility to adhere to company safety policies, ensuring that all safety equipment is used and that good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury.
- Follow the basic “Employee Responsibilities” for conduct which apply to all employees of Crane & Co., Inc.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Crane & Co.