Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers, currently has an opening for an IT Manager at Crane's Personal Design Services, located in North Adams.
The IT Manager is responsible for all systems initiatives and activities in a Crane Business Division. The position reports to the IT Director of the Stationery Division and will work with direct reports, corporate IT, business leaders, external service providers and end users to formulate systems strategy and implement projects from concept through implementation, resolve issues, and provide ongoing support.
Key accountabilities include:
- Work with Business Directors / Managers, IT Steering Committee, and Director of IT to translate business requirements into an Information Technology strategy plan for the business area(s) involved
- Complete business analysis of existing processes and customer touch points while identifying opportunities for change.
- Providing day-to-day management of a team of 4-6 IT professionals and external service providers as required by the projects
- Manage projects to completion while staying on budget.
- Develops project plans, detailed specifications, test cases, operational instructions and procedures, and system and user documentation
- Manage priorities within assigned tasks according to the load and the multiple due dates.
- Provide maintenance and support of existing and legacy application systems in use within the Stationery Division
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Engineering Studies or related disciplines, or have equivalent business experience.
- MBA or MIS degree preferred
- Completed course work or training in any of the following areas: process analysis, process design / redesign, LEAN, six sigma green belt certification, facilitation, project management (agile, waterfall), budget management, team leadership
- At least 10 years of broad business experience with at least 5 years IT emphasis
- At least 5 years of IT leadership experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with, and managing, external service providers
- Must be creative and possess great troubleshooting & Analysis Skills
- Experience in a fast-paced dynamic IT environment with rapidly changing needs and requirements
- Excellent in oral and written communication
- Must be detailed oriented, thorough and focused
- Good time management skills to meet critical deadlines
- Solid experience in developing and supporting complex customer-facing solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft .Net development languages and common development methods
- Experienced with JD Edwards or similar ERP
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL, including strong database design and querying capabilities
- Solid analytical skills with aptitude to translate business requirements to technical solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and analyze situations, make and implement recommendations
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure including PCs, network, and server environments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio required
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple project and support commitments.
- Strong mix of business and technical background
- Demonstrated effective relationships with business leadership
- Strong understanding of product development life cycle
- Experience with Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse solutions a plus.
- Experience with project leadership responsibilities, including implementation methodology and change control processes and documentation.
- Strong written and oral communications skills required
- Ability to manage others through direct reporting relationships or through influencing without direct authority
- Strong budget management experience
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Crane & Co.