This position develops, implements, and maintains the policies, programs, and procedures within the Health Safety, and Environmental Management System, ensuring compliance with OSHA, EPA, and DOT health, and safety requirements established by regulatory requirements, including all applicable internal and external reporting requirements are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Oversees regular safety audits and inspections of the workplace; assists with annual self-audit modules as well as health and safety framework scorecard elements as assigned; supports annual regulatory assessments by ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulators
- Collects, maintains, analyzes and distributes plant safety data in accordance with business and site specific guidance
- Employee interaction and communication, promoting and/or developing safety programs, accident prevention and environmental compliance providing guidance to site operational teams
- Promote continuous improvement and standardization of health and safety programs, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Drives effective health and safety programs for injury and illness reduction; leads incident investigations to determine probable root cause and develops corrective actions
- Drives 100% environmental compliance throughout the plant site; drives error-proof processes for environmental compliance and safety
- Assists with risk reduction projects, identifying, prioritizing, and implementing corrective actions
- Maintain, schedule, and report on HSE training and develop HSE training materials as directed.
- Analyze and select appropriate training options, including use of third party vendors, modification of commercial materials to fit needs, etc.
- Provides HSE briefings and training sessions as appropriate to fulfill regulatory requirements and foster a safe working environment
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental or Engineering, related field or equivalent
- Three to five years in a manufacturing or specialty chemicals environment with emphasis on chemical and material handling safety
- Experience in state and federal OSHA regulations as well as other regulatory standards (i.e. ANSI, NIOSH, NFPA, NEC)
- Experience in recognizing, evaluating, and recommending controls for workplace hazards as well as work -related injury and illness
- Ability to organize plant-wide safety programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of documentation procedures and development methods.
- Excellent verbal and written (technical) communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and foster a compliant / safety-first culture in the workplace·
- High energy/ self-motivated/ a change agent with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, inside and outside the business unit.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate individual project activities within a larger project.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Professional Safety, Environmental or Industrial Health Certification. (Certified Safety Professional, Professional Engineer, CIH)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; Internet software
We are an established world leader in technically advanced film development and specialty printing. We are a strong, stable, growing business with new technologies in a growing global market. We offer competitive wages and generous benefits: Medical/Dental, Life, STD/LTD, great paid time off, a 401k plan, and other retirement benefits.
Relocation assistance: No
All applicants must be US citizens and require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance through the US government.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title in subject line
We are an Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to Equal Opportunities for all.