There is an opening for a Guilder within the Stationery Division located in North Adams, reporting to the Borderer/Guild Supervisor. This position is on the 2nd shift (2:30 pm to 11:00 pm) and is being posted due to business needs.
This position is responsible to see that a quality product is produced according to specifications and procedures in a safe and timely manner. This position requires skills and abilities to prep work surfaces and apply sensitive materials including gold, silver, and copper products to those surfaces using both hand and power tools, including sanding equipment, hand chisels, clamps, templates, burnishing tools, scrapers, etc. It also requires working with adhesives and ink products.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions
- Must be able to read, write, and keep neat and accurate records
- Ability to understand and follow written procedures
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to read a ruler
- Ability to read and understand specification sheets
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be capable of making decisions independently
- Must be willing to advance to a “Grade 2” within the Gilder line of progression
- Must be willing and able to work at any Company location as needed
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
- Must have maintained a good safety and attendance record with proven work performance in the past
- Medical certification will be required to ensure the physical capabilities of job performance
- Must be able to perform each aspect of the position: fanning stock, clamping, sanding, chiseling, application of gold, silver, copper, etc.
- Must follow procedures and complete all related documentation: tracking slips, shorts slips, etc.
- Must maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Must be willing and able to function as an effective member of a team.
- Must follow the daily stretching exercise schedule.
- Must participate in all programs to reduce CTD’s.
- Must perform all miscellaneous duties assigned by supervision
- Provide and maintain a permanent, personal phone number in which you can be reached in the event of a business need.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to adhere to Company safety policies, ensuring that all safety equipment is used and that good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury.
- Follow the basic “Employee Responsibilities for Conduct” which apply to all employees of Crane & Co., Inc.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check, and have a signed Confidentiality Agreement on file in the Human Resources Department.
The starting rate for this position (Mill Labor Trainee External) is $12.10 per hour.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Crane & Co., Inc.
30 South Street
Dalton, MA 01226