Graphic Design Typographer
Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers, currently has openings for Graphic Design Typographers in the Graphic Services Department at Crane’s Personal Design Services, located in North Adams. These openings are on both the first shift, with a schedule of 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and second shift, with a schedule of 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Please indicate which shift you are interested in)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Adobe Design Standards to include Acrobat, InDesign, Photo Shop and Illustrator
- Must be able to type a minimum of 45 WPM
- Must be able to demonstrate an excellent command of the English language as it relates to grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Must be very detail oriented and have the ability to interpret multiple instructions from customers
- Proficient in Windows based applications
- Proficient in Outlook
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math ability
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check
- Typing, transcribing and importing blocks of text and images into page-layout software, then manipulating these elements into a legible and aesthetically pleasing product
- Pay attention to detail to ensure that all order specifications are followed, grammar is proper, punctuation is accurate, spelling is correct, as well as styles, point sizes and formats
- Efficiently design product from scratch based on customer supplied specifications
- Ability to typeset various types of printed pieces such as invitations, business cards, forms, letterheads, envelopes, etc.
- Familiarity with fonts and an understanding of different graphic styles
- Knowledge of graphic production and various printing processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting customer deadlines is required
- Must be self-motivated, highly accurate and demonstrate the ability to learn quickly
- Must work closely with all prepress personnel, maintaining a consistent work volume
- Must be able to maintain average productivity standards within lines of progression grade
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Crane & Co.