This position is responsible for managing all aspects of manufacturing, including supply chain, maintenance, and quality while leading the efforts to transform the company to be focused on continuous improvement, employee development and performance management.
The successful individual will drive a performance culture with specific focus on yield, uptime, throughput, employee development, and safety training while building a team of engaged employees.
Knowledge & Training:
- Assure corporate goals and objectives are met, insuring that products and related services meet or exceed customer expectations. This will be accomplished by driving a culture of continuous improvement and embracing Six Sigma practices resulting in improved business systems and the practice of safe, cost effective and efficient operating systems and processes.
- Provide direction and drive culture change objectives to all manufacturing and related operations.
- Advocate using ISO management principles, practices and procedures in maintaining Manufacturing Certification.
- Create and maintain a motivated, flexible and well-trained workforce in all Manufacturing areas/departments.
- Create and promote safe work environment while meeting safety objectives.
- Advocate ongoing training and workforce development objectives, including employee involvement, engagement, teamwork and accountability
- Collaborate with and provide appropriate direction to the rest of the management and support team.
- Align resources to appropriately support manufacturing for meeting Quality and Delivery needs of customer
- Appropriate planning, execution and implementation of engineering projects as they relate to manufacturing.
- Facilitate the use of effective measurement and reporting systems relative to Quality, Yields, Uptime, Machine Speeds/Operating Rates and Productivity.
- Utilize Manufacturing best practices model in optimizing reporting systems while providing consistency across all areas.
- Promote teamwork & effective interaction with all internal departments and groups to institute optimum quality, on-time delivery and cost effectiveness.
Experience / Skills:
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Engineering or Science related field, Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven ability to build a team of engaged employees
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA, ISO, ASTM or other standards or requirements related to product development and manufacturing and environmental compliance.
- Strong working knowledge of statistically-based Quality systems.
- Strong working knowledge of continuous improvement, Six Sigma and Lean principles.
- Knowledge of the budgeting and capital spending processes.
- Minimum 10 years' experience overseeing multiple production processes and multiple sites.
Extensive experience in a manufacturing company, preferably technically proficient in continuous web-based production or converting utilizing coating, drying and/or laminating.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and tactfully at all organizational levels and across all disciplines.
Demonstrated significant operational improvements utilizing employee involvement, continuous improvement and disciplined systems-driven manufacturing methods. Demonstrated Human relation skills, including coaching, employee development and/or mentoring.
- Disciplined and Proven Strong leadership skills.
- Working experience with key performance indicators, metrics, and Standard Operating Procedures
The right candidate will be rewarded with a salary commensurate with their qualifications and experience, as well as generous benefits to include Medical/Dental, Life, STD/LTD, great paid time off, a 401k plan, and other retirement benefits.
All applicants must be US citizens and require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance through the US government.
Click here to applh: https://careers-crane.icims.com/jobs/intro
We are an Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to Equal Opportunities for all.