Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers, currently has an opening for a Customer Service Representative-Digital at Crane's Personal Design Services, located in North Adams. The hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., rotating.
This position provides sales and customer service support to Crane Digital customers, receives inquiries, assists customers in purchasing Crane products, and communicates knowledge of Crane products including functionality, coordinating products, price and shipping methods. The incumbent processes orders received by phone, E-commerce, fax or mail by quickly and accurately inputting information regarding customer profile, credit card numbers, and shipping requests. In addition, this Customer Service Representative creates and maintains accurate customer address book, item master, price files and reporting.
The incumbent also serves as backup for the functions of social personalized/box customer service.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Business Careers, Office Administration or two to three years' experience in a customer service setting, is required.
- One to three years' experience in a customer service environment with proven interaction and problem solving ability.
- One to three years' experience performing complex clerical tasks which have required exercise of judgment, coordination, and communication with other employees and/or customers.
- Ability to work independently as a member of a team in a stressful environment created by deadlines, long hours, large volumes of work and high expectations.
- Ability to interact diplomatically and maintain effectiveness in difficult conflict situations.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Fast, accurate keyboarding/word processing skills with a minimum of 45 words per minute
- Excellent telephone skills, demonstrating confidence and clarity
- Good math skills
- Ability to work rotating shifts: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. or other shifts as business needs dictate, as well as Saturdays and some holidays during peak seasons
- Ability to handle stress of frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Willingness to take on new challenges and learn other areas of Customer Service
- Ability to meet physical requirement of the position such as sitting in a chair for long periods with physical breaks, wearing headsets, and ability to make visits to the Stationery Factory and D66 Warehouse
- Previous experience in customer service, which could include inside sales correspondence with customers and similar tasks involving direct communication with external customers
- Previous experience with OMS and JDE Systems and Direct Sales Systems
- Knowledge of Crane Social Papers, and Crane Direct Sales policies and procedures
- Experience with JDE, Microsoft Outlook, Windows and Excel
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crane & Co.