Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers, currently has openings for Customer Service Representatives at Crane's Personal Design Services, located in North Adams. The hours for these positions are 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., rotating.
This position of Customer Service Representative provides sales and customer service support to Crane Social Retailers, Social Engravers, National Accounts, and .com customers for both personalized and boxed products by receiving and processing orders and inquiries via phone, fax, and electronic media.
The Customer Service Representative assists customers in purchasing Crane products, both boxed and personalized by communicating knowledge of Crane products including functionality, coordinating products, price and shipping methods. Position works collaboratively with operations to meet customer needs.
The incumbent also serves as backup for Crane Digital Customer Service (www.crane.com).
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Business Careers, Office Administration or two to three years' experience in a customer service setting, is required
- One to three years' experience in a customer service environment with proven interaction and problem solving ability
- One to three years' experience in direct to consumer sales and fulfillment
- One to three years' experience performing complex clerical tasks which have required exercise of judgment, coordination, and communication with other employees and/or customers
- Ability to work independently as a member of a team in a stressful environment created by deadlines, long hours, large volumes of work and high expectations
- Ability to interact diplomatically and maintain effectiveness in difficult conflict situations.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Fast, accurate keyboarding/word processing skills with a minimum of 45 words per minute
- Excellent telephone skills, demonstrating confidence and clarity
- Good math skills
- Ability to work rotating shifts: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and or 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or other shifts as business needs dictate, as well as Saturdays and some holidays during peak seasons
- Ability to handle stress of frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Willingness to take on new challenges and learn other areas of Customer Service
- Ability to meet physical requirement of the position such as sitting in a chair for long periods with physical breaks, wearing headsets.
- Previous experience in customer service, which could include inside sales correspondence with customers and similar tasks involving direct communication with external customers
- Previous experience with OMS and JDE Systems and Direct Sales Systems
- Knowledge of Crane Social Papers, and Crane Direct Sales policies and procedures
- Experience with JDE, Microsoft Outlook, Windows and Excel
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crane & Co.