Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery and currency papers located in Dalton MA, has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Electrical Project Engineer.
The Senior Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for the planning, design, estimating, budgeting and installation supervision of electrical projects assigned by the Engineering Manager that deal with basic and complex systems for pulp, paper and security feature production. The incumbent manages projects dealing with power distribution systems, equipment drive systems and electrical infrastructure. The successful candidate needs to be able to direct or assist staff to coordinate the electrical installation of equipment. This position also communicates with suppliers, contractors and electrical utilities to negotiate prices and equipment and service delivery, provide cost justification information and apply equipment designs for production systems.
Responsibilities also include assisting Manufacturing Managers and Maintenance Managers with problem solving associated with manufacturing, equipment maintenance and system performances to ensure quality, production and safety. Also helps plan and present training for maintenance and other personnel.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical (preferred), Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or fifteen (15) years of related experience
- Five or more years’ experience in designing and managing projects and activities for power distribution systems and drive systems
- General knowledge of the operation of papermaking and finishing equipment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot power distribution and drive systems
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Excellent ability to define and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with many people tactfully and diplomatically both within and outside the company
- Self-directed, creative individual with demonstrated ability to apply business, technical and analytical and interpersonal skills towards problem solving and solutions responsive to manufacturing, quality and productivity needs
- Ability to coordinate projects with all appropriate departments
- Ability to interact effectively with situations such as constant interruptions and limited time
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and provide own transportation
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and long days as required supporting manufacturing operations. Assist by providing 24/7 on-call availability supporting maintenance and project work as required.
- Willing and able to use all skills in a teamwork environment in order to safely complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Must pass and maintain security clearance through the US Treasury Department
A competitive benefit package will be offered and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Qualified candidates may email resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: