Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency papers and nonwoven materials, located in Dalton MA, has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Accountant.
This position coordinates and controls one or more accounting activities within an accounting function such as: General Ledger/Subsidiaries Accounting, Cost/Budget/Fixed Asset Accounting, Systems/Chart of Accounts Master Data, or Consolidations/Audit/Tax/ Intercompany. The Senior Accountant assists the Assistant Controller or Controller in providing accounting management oversight and analysis, and maintaining internal controls in the accounting functional area. The incumbent will participate as a team member on departmental projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, required; CPA license desired
- 5 years’ experience performing accounting functions with emphasis on financial accounting and preparation of financial statements
- 5 years’ experience with automated financial systems and in-depth systems knowledge, preferably with JDE
- Ability to work with confidential materials
- Ability to interact effectively, tactfully, and collaboratively with peers and others in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Clarity consolidation systems or equivalent consolidation systems desired
- Must pass and maintain security clearance through the US Treasury Department
competitive benefit package will be offered and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Qualified candidates may email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org