Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency and nowoven papers, currently has an opening for a Financial Anlayst within our Consumer Division.
This position is responsible for Divisional financial and accounting oversight. The Financial Analyst will provide Division management with accurate, timely, and meaningful financial information so that they are able to evaluate the financial performance of the Division. The incumbent also provides Corporate staff with required accounting reports and information.
The purpose of this position is to provide accurate and timely analysis of actual costs, provide recommendations to Division management based on financial information, and to lead and document the divisional budget and strategic planning process which includes the creation of financial forecasts. In addition, this position will lead the continuous improvement of the Division accounting and planning processes. The Financial Analyst will create and communicate forecasts, and provide ad hoc expert cost accounting advice to Division personnel as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in various accounting functions
- Extensive knowledge of integrated computer based Financial Accounting Systems. Knowledge of Standard Cost systems preferred. Experience with J.D. Edwards ERP systems preferred
- Experience with Continuous Improvement systems (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TPS, TQM) strongly preferred
- This position requires the ability to interpret and influence Operating and Senior Management in Accounting practices and procedures which result in improved Unit performance. Additionally, the ability to operate in Task Force/Team participation environment with non-financial managers is necessary to solve multi-faceted Business problems
- Prior experience working in a Lean/Continuous Improvement environment
- Prior experience in Cost Accounting functions preferred
- Prior experience in communicating financial information to non-financial Executives and Operating Managers
- Prior experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Company Policies and Procedures
- Must be able to pass and maintain security clearance through the United States Treasury Department
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: