Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency and nonwoven papers, currently has an opening for a Director of Operations in the Nonwoven/Technical Materials Division.
This position is responsible for management of all aspects of the manufacturing and support operations, including converting/finishing, sheeting, and off- line calendering operations. The incumbent will serve as manufacturing expert in the field interacting with prospective and existing customers to build good will, identify customer needs and resolve issues, which will include domestic and international travel. The Director of Operations is also responsible for all support services including engineering and capital plant and equipment projects, Process Excellence, Process Control, Maintenance, Quality, ISO and Document Control and Safety. The incumbent will also establish and maintain the capital program for all facilities and departments in his/her area. This position will assure that corporate goals and objectives are met and that products and services meet customer expectations through the practice of safe, cost effective and efficient operating systems and processes, and the development and mentorship of a high performing team.
The Director of Operations is also a member of the Crane Nonwovens/Technical Materials Senior Management Team and as such, participates in setting strategy for the division.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university with engineering or paper science discipline
- MBA or Financial knowledge preferred
- 10+ years progressive experience within a pulp and/or paper production environment
- 3+ years manufacturing management experience
- Experience managing budgets, including Capital, Supply, and Repair labor budgets and expenditures
- Human relation and communication skills to accomplish goals effectively working with, and through, others
- Proven management and leadership experience/skills
- Logistics management
- Knowledge of OSHA, ISO, TAPPI, ASTM, FDA, NSF, UL and other standards and requirements related to our products
- Knowledge of Crane & Co., Inc. policies and procedures
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment (Lean or Six Sigma)
- Ability to travel domestically and abroad
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, persuasively and collaboratively across diverse levels and functional disciplines
- Driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com or mail to: