Crane, a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, nonwoven and currency papers, currently has an opening for an Administrative Assistant at Crane’s Personal Design Services, located in North Adams.
This position exists to provide administrative support for the Vice President of Operations. The position is required to handle sensitive and confidential materials with the utmost degree of integrity and discretion and have the ability to exercise good judgment in resolving problems and workload prioritization.
To be successful, it is necessary that the Administrative Assistant manage numerous independent and interdependent roles concurrently.
- Associate Degree in Office Administration or equivalent degree preferred
- Five years of administrative experience preferred
- Experience performing administrative duties in a fast-paced, professional environment with deadlines; must possess high accuracy rate
- Proficient and proven competency with personal computers and associated software – Microsoft 2007 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Strong ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers and internal employees and coworkers on the telephone, in writing, and in person
- Ability and proven interpersonal skills and effective communication are essential
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost degree of integrity and discretion
- Proven interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy in sensitive situations
- Proven professionalism while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Above average ability to prioritize among multiple projects from multiple sources for self and managers
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, performing as a self-starter with initiative and exceptional detail-oriented skills
- Ability to attend meetings and take meeting minutes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to create own correspondence using proper grammar, syntax, and spelling
- Ability to function effectively as a team player, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy
- High work standards and ability to check own work for accuracy
- Basic knowledge of general office equipment
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crane & Co.