Crane & Co., Inc., a premier manufacturer of fine stationery, currency and nonwoven papers, currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager in the Technical Materials Division.
The Quality & Process Analysis Manager is responsible for Quality Assurance, Quality Control, testing, inspection and verification of conformance to customer requirements as well as development and implementation of a six sigma quality program. This will require the incumbent to manage QA Technicians and to accompany Product Managers on customer visits.
In addition to quality management, the incumbent is required to carry out Process Analysis projects to reduce start-up broke and improve manufacturing processes. These improvements must result in reduced product variability and increased manufacturing efficiencies.
Specific key accountabilities include:
- Ensure customer requirements are understood
- Maintain ISO procedures
- Collaborate with the Process Improvement Black Belt to implement six-sigma and total quality systems for all staff in the Nonwovens group. Achieving a six-sigma process is a multi-year program that requires dedication, focus, and persistence.
- Modify current QA testing and procedures
- Maintain morale and efficiency of Quality Technicians
- Assist with implementation of new process equipment and new product trials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ISO and other quality programs
- Experience in Statistical Process Control and data analysis
- Supervisory experience, proven record in persuasive abilities
- High level of computer literacy, especially data manipulation in spreadsheet and database systems
- Knowledge of instruments used in QA laboratory
- Human relationship and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and implement new initiatives
- Proven ability to manage department independently
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience in manufacturing environment
- ubstantial experience in computer, mathematical and analysis skills
- Must demonstrate good presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Must have demonstrated successful supervisory, leadership, and project management skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: