There is an opening for a Trimmer Operator – Grade 1 in the Finishing Department within the Stationery Division located in North Adams, reporting to the Finishing Supervisor. This position is on the 2nd shift (2:30 pm to 11:00 pm) and is being posted due to business needs.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have proven mechanical experience.
- Must have proven experience in operating and adjusting machinery.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude and initiative.
- Must communicate clearly when interacting with customers, peers, subordinates, and supervisors.
- Must have a respectable work history with minimal attendance and tardiness issues.
- Must have a proven work history with minimal safety issues.
- Must be physically capable of performing the manual labor requirements associated with the job: prolonged periods of standing; fingering/handling stock items; and close visual inspection.
- Must be willing and able to work at any Company location as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed.
- Must have maintained a good safety and attendance record with proven work performance in the past.
- Medical certification will be required to ensure the physical capabilities of job performance
- Make the stock press ready from the parent sheet by interpreting information from cutting slips.
- When needed, change the cutting blades and perform preventative maintenance.
- Perform the required safety inspections.
- Trim jobs accurately with minimal waste.
- Use the Quik Scan to record all size and squareness audits
- Operate the folder (Social).
- Perform finish cutting on selected items.
- Meet production expectations for grade designations.
- Interact with other employees in a positive manner.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to adhere to company safety policies and to ensure that the proper safety equipment will be used. Good judgment and care must be exercised to prevent any accidents and personal injuries.
- Using positive locking device whenever performing machine maintenance and/or adjustments.
- Use goggles when dispensing chemicals used in daily operation and maintenance.
- Provide and maintain a permanent, personal phone number in which you can be reached in the event of a business need.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to adhere to Company safety policies, ensuring that all safety equipment is used and that good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury.
- Follow the basic “Employee Responsibilities for Conduct” which apply to all employees of Crane & Co., Inc.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check, and have a signed Confidentiality Agreement on file in the Human Resources Department.
The starting rate for this position is $12.10 per hour.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Crane & Co., Inc.
30 South Street
Dalton, MA 01226